PROVISION AND USE OF WORK EQUIPMENT
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
These Regulations place duties on people and companies who own, operate or have control over work equipment. They also place responsibilities on businesses whose employees use work equipment, whether owned by them or not.
PUWER requires that equipment provided for use at work is:
- suitable for the intended use
- safe for use, maintained in a safe condition and inspected to ensure it is correctly installed and does not subsequently deteriorate.
- used only by people who have received adequate information, instruction and training
- accompanied by suitable health and safety measures, such as emergency stop devices, clearly visible markings and warning devices
- used in accordance with specific requirements for mobile work equipment and power presses.
What is work equipment?
Work equipment is any machinery, appliance, apparatus, tool or installation for use at work This includes equipment which employees provide for their own use at work. The scope of work equipment is extremely wide.
If you have been injured at work whilst using work equipment feel free to ask a question if you need help or to contact us and we can discuss further.
For more information or to discuss any services, please contact us by telephone on 0141 337 6678 or 07988 905 198 or by complete our enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss.